Statement of Faith
Christian Academy of the Cumberlands is a school dedicated to the glory of God. It is in existence to help students grow spiritually, emotionally, physically and academically. We believe that the biblical writer was correct when he said, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”
Christian Academy of the Cumberlands, its staff, and its board members embrace the historic tenets of Christianity as presented in this statement of Faith. We are in essential agreement with these creeds and confessions when they speak to the doctrinal issues addressed in this statement of faith. We respect and acknowledge the primacy of the family and their churches and refer any other doctrinal questions to parents and their churches for clarification. This statement of faith and all other doctrinal issues that the school takes a stand on will be established and resolved by the EB interpretation of the King James Bible.
1. We believe that the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are alone the perfect, inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God, and as such, rightly interpreted, they are the final authority in faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Galatians 1:12, Jeremiah 30:2, Psalms 19:7-9, Matthew 24:35, 1 Peter 1:23-25, Revelation 22:18-19)
K.O.R.T., the Parent/Teacher organization at CAC, meets at 11:30 A.M. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the school. Join us for our next meeting.
Christian Academy of the Cumberlands will admit all prospective students of both sexes regardless of race, color, national, and ethnic origin, provided, in the opinion of the school, the student may profit from the program of studies and activities planned by the school.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who is infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth; He alone is sovereign over all things, ordaining whatsoever comes to pass. (Genesis 1:1, Isaiah 45:5-25, Isaiah 43:10-13, Daniel 4:34-37, Malachi 3:6, Acts 17:24-31, 1 John 5:7, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, Romans 11:33-36)
3. We believe that God created all things out of nothing, for His own glory and good pleasure, and for the display of His eternal power, wisdom, and goodness; having created all things, God created man in His image, male and female, perfect, sinless, and immortal, and He charged mankind with the governance of the created world, to cultivate it for His glory. (Genesis chs. 1 and 2, Genesis 1: 26 & 28, Colossians 1:15-18, Hebrews 1:10, Psalms 24:1, Psalms 19:1)
4. We believe in the historicity of Adam and Eve, our first parents; we believe that though they were created sinless, they did not remain in that perfect state, but willfully and consciously disobeyed their Creator’s command. Consequently, the guilt of Adam’s sin and his fallen nature are transferred to all mankind. (Genesis 2:7-25, Romans 5:12-19, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22)
5. We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth during the reign of Caesar Augustus, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and sin-atoning death on a cross by the shedding of His blood, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in glory and power. (Luke 1:27-35, II Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 1:19, Hebrews 4:15, John 20:30-31, John 21:25, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Rom. 5:8, Luke 24, John 1:1-4, John 1:14, John 10:30, John 14:10, Philippians 2:5-11, Revelation 19:11-20:4)
6. We believe in the presence of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling Christians are enabled to live Godly lives. (Romans 8:7-14, Galatians 5:22-25, II Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 2:19-20, Romans 6:12-13, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 2:11-22, Ephesians 4:3-6, Galatians 3:28)
8. We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. (A. Psalms 86:9, Romans 11:36, 1 Corinthians 6:20, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Revelation 4:11, B. Psalms 16:5-11, Psalms 144:15, Isaiah 12:2, Luke 2:10, Philippians 4:4, Revelation 21:3-4)
9. We believe that men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 3:10-14, Galatians 3:22, Galatians 5:4-5, Romans 3:20-28, Romans 4:5-6, Romans 5:1)
10. We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:14-26, Ephesians 2:10, Titus 2:14, Galatians 5:6, Titus 2:11-12)
11. We believe marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. (Genesis 1:27-28, Malachi 2:14-16, Matthew 5:31-32, Matthew 19:3-9, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16, Ephesians 5:21-33, 1 Peter 3:1-7)
12. We believe that sexual purity is confined to Biblical marriage and that all forms of fornication, adultery, homosexuality, and pornography are morally depraved and they are a perversion to God’s mandated design. (Romans 1:24-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-20, Galatians 5:19-21, Matthew 5:28, Matthew 15:19-20, Hebrews 13:4)
13. We believe in the sanctity of human life, under the government of God, and that the extinguishing of life through abortion, suicide, homicide, or active euthanasia (assisted suicide) is Biblically classified as sin. (Genesis 1:27, Psalms 139:14-15, Psalms 119:73, Job 31:15, Ecclesiastes 11:5, Exodus 20:13)
The stated purposes of Christian Academy of the Cumberlands:
1. To teach that God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, and that the Lord Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God who came to earth to die for your sins.
2. To teach that God has spoken to us through the Bible, the only infallible Word of God, and to teach you how to study it, understand it, and apply its principles to every part of your daily life.
3. To inspire and motivate you toward a total personal commitment to Jesus Christ so that you might live by and believe personally His Good News, allowing Him to change and shape you.
4. To help you love, obey, respect and help others, as God desires you to look at life from His point of view.
5. To develop within you the ability to assume responsibility for the tasks that have been given you to do, and to be responsible in the way you behave and treat others.
6. To develop your mental abilities for they are given to you by God so that you may take your place in society as a mature, competent, alert, and well-trained person.
7. To help you grow as a thankful and responsible citizen of the country in which God has placed you, to understand our American heritage in order that you may better understand and appreciate the other cultures and peoples of the world.
8. To educate you with academic excellence with a strong emphasis in college preparatory classes in math and science in the context of a commitment to the Christian faith.
As a Christian school, we are committed to the teachings of the Bible and we are persuaded that there should be a direct relationship between what a Christian student believes and how he or she behaves.
Christian Academy of the Cumberlands students must commit themselves to:
Abstain from involvement with tobacco, drugs, alcohol, sexual immorality and profane language on or off campus. Submit without reservation to the authority of your parents, teachers and school officials as given to them by the Lord. This is a committed lifestyle, not just during school hours, but twenty-four hours per day.
Violations are considered as breaking a firm commitment that each student makes when voluntarily choosing to attend the school. Participation in drugs, alcohol and/or sexual immorality, on or off campus, will lead to immediate dismissal from Christian Academy of the Cumberlands. As a member of Christian Academy of the Cumberlands, you will be expected to exert a positive influence in your social relationships and to be a responsible member of the Christian Academy of the Cumberlands community.